Wednesday 1 June 2016

Sleek cream contour kit

I'm such a big fan of sleek products and have been for a while when they first launched you could only find them in hair shops now they are in Boots Superdrug and Tesco. There colour range is really good for all skin tones but saying that I do feel when they first launched they especially catered for brown skin tones and now they are more established  they've started to shy away from their main focus!

Cream or powder?

I haven't really experimented much with different products over the past year or so I've kind of stuck with the same products back and fourth between the Black Opal cream foundation stick in beautiful bronze and the Sleek face form in medium.

So when sleek announced they where bringing out a contour kit for a fraction of the price of the very popular anastasia Beverly Hills kit I had to give it a try. 


Sleek cream contour kit in Dark 


As I've never purchased a cream contour kit I have nothing to compare it with but I can give my honest opinion on first impressions and a final thoughts.

First impressions 

Packaging is very slick and simple at the time of buying I had long nails and struggled to get it open.

The consistency is soft and creamy.

Price is very reasonable at only £10.99

A total of six different shades and a leaflet explaining where each colour goes.

All though the product is soft and creamy  it takes a bit of effort to blend not so good if your in a rush. 

I've only had this product for a month and I've already hit pan on the darkest shade 

You have to really build this product up if you want your contour to be noticeable 

The highlight colours don't really highlight I think the colours can look quite flat. 

So my final review...

Great affordable product if like me you only wear a subtle contour it's fine however I think they could of named the shades different as I purchased this in the dark shade I think darker skin tones would struggle to get a noticeable contour with the darkest shade in the palette which is a shame as its meant to be a brand for brown skin tones. 
As I only actually use 2 to 3 colours out of the whole kit I don't think I would purchase again.
I also found that it lasted longer throughout the day if I set the cream with my face form powder. 

Good value for money but I think I'm going to try out some other brands.

Sleek cream contour kit £9.99
Boots /superdrugs 




No comments:

Post a Comment