Wednesday 16 July 2014

My skincare routine for acne prone and oily skin


Suffering from oily skin and occasional acne break outs I'm on a mission to find a skin care regime suited to my skin that can keep my oily skin under control and reduce acne breakouts I've had creams subscribed to me from the doctors but find they don't seem to work and I don't have the patience to use them for long enough to see results but with this new routine I've adapted I have seen great results I'm not breaking out as much as I used too and I have more control over my oily skin making it easier for my makeup to last longer throughout the day.



The days are getting hotter and we all want that sun kissed look but are you looking after your? skin in particular face after all It is the first place to show signs of aging mainly caused by sun damage and let's face it unfortunately we're not getting any younger.



So a few months back I received some new products at work (I'm a beauty consultant at Benefit cosmetics) Dream Screen and Instant Comeback and for some reason or another I never got round to trying them until recently and I've actually fallen In love with both products.

I have been using them for little over a month now and have to say they will probably be permanent fixtures in my skin care routine.



Dream screen £25
Benefit cosmetics 

I've never been a fan of putting sun screen on my face as I don't like the feel on my face as I feel they are to heavy and make my skin even oiler. But than Benefit cosmetics braught out this little beauty it's oil free and lightweight and has a whopping 45 SPF a little goes a long away so this product can easily last throughout the whole summer. 



Instant comeback £36
Benefit Cosmetics 

This has to be my favourite product so far amongst the Benefit Cosmetics skin care range I never used to leave the house without makeup on but since discovering this I've started to give my skin the occasional days off from a full face of make up.

Instant comeback is an age defying booster serum it's a bit pricy at £36 but it really does deliver and a small pea size amount is enough to cover your whole face so despite the price it will last a long time not only does it really work like all the other products within the skin care range the packaging is really cute.
 Pop a bit of this on in the morning and your tired skin looks plumped and hydrated my skin looks more glowy and awake no matter how much sleep I got the night before I apply this before I apply any other products to my face in the morning can also be used at night.


Organic tea tree face wash
Holland & Barretts £6.39

My first ever product purchased from holland and Barrett and defiantly won't be the last at the time of purchasing they had 50% off their beauty range so I actually only paid £3.19 for this face wash and they always seem to have different offers on so worth checking out!
I always do my research before purchasing beauty products and had seen so many great reviews on how great this product is for acne prone snd oily skin, so I had to give it try, I'm so glad i did as this is the holy grail of all face washes. 

I was a bit sceptical to using a tea tree face wash as I usually find them quite drying on my skin and i don't like the smell of tea tree I find it can be rather over whelming at times but this is none of the sort it doesn't dry my skin out and smells quite pleasant my skin feels instantly refreshed after using this and is gentle enough to use every day. 

It's not tested on animals, ingredients are natural and organic it contains pure tea tree oil, mandarin oil, lemon oil and whitch hazel hence why it doesn't have that overpowering tea tree oil smell.

Being an antibacterial cleanser I feel this has helped greatly on keeping my acne breakouts at bay which to me is a god send!


Tea tree skin clearin lotion
The body shop £8.00

I really did hesitate when purchasing this as I don't usually shop in body shop and £8 for 50ml had me indecisive but than I remembered all the great things I have heard about this product.

I apply this after applying my instant comeback serum it instantly mattifies my skin and helps keep my oily skin under control I have struggled to find a moisturiser suitable for oily skin and despite this not actually being like my usual moisturisers it has to be the best thing I've ever tried and now seeing how effective it is I think it is more than worth it for £8.00 I've had it for a little over a month now and still have half a tube left my skin no longer looks as oily as it used too and my makeup lasts longer my acne  marks seem to be clearing up and I'm getting less breakouts so for now this is here to stay in my everyday skincare routine.

Hope you have found my review useful I have reviewed these products on the bases of helping anyone who is looking for products that can benefit oily and acne prone skin however these can be suitable for other skin types depending on what your skin needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment